Are you looking to apply for Microsoft Azure Certification Exam? Good call! There are multiple important reasons to take this exam. The most compelling ones are the rise of Azure adoption and the increase in Microsoft’s cloud skill demand.
Certifications play a vital role in the professional journey. Before taking any certification exam, one must know all the necessary tips and tricks about it. If you are looking for information to prepare and pass the Microsoft Azure certification exam, continue reading on!
Select the correct Azure exam and Certification
Make sure you have picked the correct certification path for yourself. Microsoft offers a boatload of certifications, but you must opt for the one that suits your profile. Make a list of your future goals, and then depending on your capabilities, pick the appropriate Certification. Complete certification poster is available here Microsoft Certification Poster
Start small and be thorough with the exam content
Often, it is not easy to finalize which certification exam you should take. The best solution for this situation is to take baby steps. Start by taking the AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals certification. The Microsoft Azure Fundamental AZ-900 Exam will set you up with basic knowledge about various topics.
Once you have finalized your Certification, move forward with the exam content. You can take help from the Microsoft exam page, which offers accurate skills measurement, exam outline, exam resources, etc. It also provides a list of courses/training modules to prepare for the exam.
Leverage Sandbox environment for Hands-on experience
Hands-on experience and practical knowledge are essential to understand any technology. Microsoft Learn is highly recommended to provide you with free hands-on learning resources, and there’s also a free Azure account on the Microsoft site. The Azure free account will give you a lot to play with.
Take practice exams
Practice tests are always helpful to provide the information you need. They let you know where you stand and how much more you need to prepare. Microsoft Azure Certification exams also have some official practice tests available, which you must take.
1. Follow the Learning path for your exam (example – Solutions Architects on Microsoft Learn | Microsoft Docs, Exam AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals – Learn | Microsoft Docs)
2. I would not suggest spending too much time on practice exams. The focus should be on understanding the concepts (focus on pro, cons, and technical feature decision trade-offs based on functional and non-functional aspects)
3. Check if your organization has access to Enterprise Skills Initiative platform from Microsoft. You will find the best training content for Microsoft certifications, including the Virtual Class Room on the platform for common Microsoft certification exams.
4. Create a small study group. Share notes
5. Don’t waste your time searching for dumps. It’s the sheer wastage of time and not to mention non-ethical aspects.
6. It’s OK to fail the exam. You will get a detailed report on which skills you need to improve on.
Book your exam and Prepare
With a busy work schedule, upskilling and learning always get pushed out. I would suggest booking your exam first (give yourself 3-4 weeks of time window), and the pressure of the exam deadline will help you carve out some study/learning time. But don’t take too much stress (You have the option to reschedule the exam three days before the exam date). Most importantly, make sure that you are entirely relaxed on exam day. Follow the exam schedule, login to the exam provider portal 15 minutes before your scheduled time.
A career in Microsoft Azure will help you progress at a fast speed. Whether you are looking to advance your career or knowledge, these certifications can make all the difference. To become certified, it is imperative for you to have some hands-on experience. Make full use of the Learning Roadmap and the practice tests.